Christian Music › Your Reviews › Mike Peters

Post reply in this topic
penderwen

Legacy member

Hello, everyone.

I once listened to Mike Peters on his website and he is really good. I just have to listen to him a little more to get the idea glued in there!

I read that Mike's a Christian. Although he does not record for any Christian labels, he is one of the great British rock artists.

Would any of you say his songs have changed lives, even though he is not labeled as a Christian artist?

What do you know about Mike Peters of the Alarm? Have you ever listened to him? What do you say about him and his music?

- Penderwen:biggrin:

(Edited by penderwen at 5:36 pm on Oct. 18, 2001)
Reply quoting this text

Thursday 18 October 2001
penderwen

Legacy member

:shocked:Don't any of you know anything about Mike Peters? Sheesh, I thought everyone in Britain knew about this guy.

- Penderwen
Reply quoting this text

Tuesday 23 October 2001
moron

Legacy member

I thought he was the guy that drew the "Mother Goose and Grimm" cartoons--cartoonist for the Miami Herald or Cincinnati Enquirer, or something like that.  Guess not.
Reply quoting this text

Thursday 22 November 2001
MarkRM

Legacy member

Singer with the Alarm..playing Shepherd's Bush Empire on 19 December........not done much in the mainstream in recent years...last seen at Greenbelt with Colorsound - featuring Billy Duffy of The Cult and someone who used to be in The Mission - good gig !

Hope that helps !
Reply quoting this text

Thursday 22 November 2001
helen

Legacy member

Was a huge fan of The Alarm in my teens (that's a very long time ago!!!) And have seen a couple of his solo gigs since then - he's never stopped rockin'.  Last time I saw him at a small festival in Swansea in 2000.  He was touring old Alarm songs with full band (not the origionals) they called themselves Alarm 2000, did bring back memories of the good 'ol days.  I'm not sure that his songs have changed lives maybe they have, but what he does do well is huge possitive anthams, standing up for what's good and right in a nutshell.

visit www.psalmistry.co.uk
Reply quoting this text

Friday 8 March 2002
Fill

Legacy member

He played just up the road from me a few months back! There's a big review of a load of the Alarm albums in CR this month.
Reply quoting this text

Thursday 14 March 2002
SiblingChris

Old Timer (85 posts)

I seem to remember seeing him play with a band at the last Greenbelt that was at Deene Park.....

it was called something like "Ocean Colour Scene" but obviously not that becuase there already is a band called this!

Anyway I thought they were absolutely fantastic and they said there would be an album and stuff on the way but nothing happened......?
Reply quoting this text

Friday 15 March 2002
NAVIGATION
CONNECT WITH CROSS RHYTHMS
Cross Rhythms Under Threat
Cross Rhythms Media Training Centre
ARTIST PROFILES
Artists & DJs A-Z
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M
N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
Or keyword search

SHOP @ CROSS RHYTHMS DIRECT
PRAYER ROOMS
Intercession Room
Care for other people and shake heaven in our Intercession Room
  Advertisement  

© Cross Rhythms 1983 - 2014 Over 30 years experience in Christian Music & Media | Contact | Site MapTerms of Use RSS Feeds
Cross Rhythms is impacting youth and the wider community for good through FM radio,
training, contemporary Christian music and a globally influential website.
Cross Rhythms is a UK registered charity no. 1069357